With release 12.0.7 we decided to give a larger space to the map and minimze the menu bar.
Now you can make the most of your iPad screen and still have everything at your fingers…
Let’s have a look at some new features…
1) Bottom bar can be dragged accross the screen.The world map is now presented using the whole screen and you can move the menu bar vertically, so that it never covers the area you are working on.
2) Navigation arrows. We added back and forward navigation arrows that let you navigate through the different filters you created. You apply the olours and then you use the filters to present the set of countries you want.
3) TV output. If you have a cable or wi-fi connected, you can present the map on an external screen. When you navigate through the pages or you change the layout of the items, the external screen will present the changes.
4) Page menu. We gathered in one menu, all the page’ s related functionalities. You can edit the current filter or browse the existing ones. You can also access the snapshots gallery or zoom the page.
5) Filter name and notes. One touch one the filter’s name in the middle of the bottom bar and you will be able to edit the name and add a description. You can rename the filter in order to remember the group of countries and you can use the memo to describe in details the difference.
You can go back to the map by touching again the middle of the bottom bar.
6) Custom colours. You can now use additional colours from those preset. Just set the values for the Red, green or blue bar and add the new colour to the project, to the group or both. If you add the new colour to the group, it will be available to each new project created within the group.
Tap on the colour in one of the two sections to read/edit the custom items.
Custom colours are available any time you need to apply a colour.
When we decided to enter in the iPad’s software development business, we had the clear idea that what we would introduce in the market should have been something bringing value added to the office’s productivity.
When you work in an office there are many tasks that would require automation to reduce the effort and speed up productivity. Sometimes, budget constrains, might reduce the amount of automation versus a more intensive use of human resources.
The final purpose of our Apps is to introduce office-automation or best practice at a very affordable cost. If you have an iPad at office, you already believe that the business is moving toward a more mobile version. The iPad is the extension of your computer, you can do additional tasks just everywhere!
The maps businessThe first set of applications we introduced are related to the report-publishing business. You work in a multinational company, you need to produce periodic reports with maps and data, where would you find the right map?
Let’s not shoot higher than we need…Certainly there are many software out there creating maps. On internet you can find many companies providing that kind of service.Some of them are very expensive and/or would require your company to purchase licenses. In most of the cases, if the only thing you need is a map for a presentation, these solutions are not what you are looking for…
…but still we want to look professional:Internet provides today also with free available solutions that could fit (partially) the task to create a thematic map or just a world map with colours indicating a footprint,some distribution,etc.Very often, these solutions are free but also have some limited customisations (or they add a logo or a copyright notice in the footprint).Presentations that are aimed to be sent to the high management cannot have embedded copied (or/and somehow modified) content from internet or other sources. Adding these kind of pictures in the presentation, will make it look like a draft version or just not professional enough… More, if your target audience is a room full of people (e..g presenting on stage), you really don’t want to show them additional distracting details that are not 100% compliant with your company (e.g. other companies logos).
Considering all the reasons above, we decided to build two distinct applications,helping people to create quickly, fully customisable maps, for any document or presentation.
WorldMap+: your iPad can now generate images of vectorial maps, with the colours you need, no logos, no additional not-needed information.You choose the countries,the colours, the style and the resolution; the app does the rest and you can use the resulting image in any document you need. More…you can re-use the previous maps and add details or change colours; so if you do periodic reporting, your maps will always look identical in shape and selection, and alignment,plus you will be presenting the updated version. WorldMap+ does not only generates maps….you can create reports with notes and descriptions or you can archive the projects. You can work with people in parallel or you can merge data from other projects. Every functionality in WorldMap+ has been tuned in a way that you make the most out of your iPad and your time. The result has always a professional-look.
Thematic+: it is an app to generate thematic maps. You decide which country to present, which values, which intervals and the app produces beautiful professional maps with legend and descriptions. You can use Thematic+ to create an overview of acoverage or a distribution.Also this App, contains functionalities that will help you working in groups and review the draft versions. The images are fully customisable, so you can choose, colours,style and backgrounds to best match your company themes. Adding a thematic map to your presentation can really change the way your audience accepts the message.